As a growing travel and destination wedding location, St. Augustine has become the place to go in Northeast Florida for bachelorette parties! There is no shortage of casual daytime activities, and St. Augustine’s nightlife has expanded with the wedding and event industry. Art walks, boat days, beaches, and booze, you and your gal pals can certainly find your perfect vibe to celebrate the blushing bride. (The locals aren’t complaining either!) So, here you have it, folks…The ultimate guide to hosting an amazing St. Augustine bachelorette party!
1. Beaches – What better way to get the weekend started than with some fun in the sun?! Since St. Augustine is known for its white sandy beaches and mild winters, chances are you can catch a few rays any time of year! Check out the St. Augustine Beach Pier for plenty of parking and pavilion coverage.
2. Tacky Tourists – The ultimate St. Augustine bachelorette party experience includes taking a tour of Historic Downtown St. Augustine. Hop on an Old Town Trolley tour, or pop in and out of the many museums (such as our very own Lightner Museum)! Take a stroll through St. Augustine’s history along St. George Street. I’m sure your fiancé will be happy to hear the bachelorette bash held some educational value as well!!
3. Boating – If you want a more exclusive experience for you and your girls, hop on one of the many sailing tours offered around the city. Rent a boat for the day and take in the breathtaking views of the colorful bayfront, chase dolphins through the bay, lounge on an island beach, or dock at a nearby waterfront restaurant like Cap’s on the Water. Don’t feel like taking the steering wheel? Reserve a sunset cruise on the Schooner Freedom – you can even pack a picnic for the sail.
1. Live Music – St. Augustine has no shortage of the arts, especially when it comes to bands! If you’re making a long weekend out of it, you can be sure to catch Chillula at No Name Bar on a Thursday, or check out Prohibition Kitchen for an ever-changing weekend line-up.
2. Ghost Tours and Haunted Pub Crawls – If you want to keep up the St. Augustine fun, a late-night ghost tour could be just the ticket! All of those museums you checked out during the day come to life in a much spookier way after dark, as your guide will tell you all about the gory past of the Nation’s Oldest City.
3. Craft Cocktails – If you and your fiancé have been looking to find the perfect “his and hers” cocktails for the big day, this could be the perfect time to pick the recipe! Take the girls out for a drink at Tini Martini (there is nothing tini about them), or head over to the St. Augustine Distillery and Ice Plant Bar to find your local liquor of choice!
1. Reservations – Keeping the crew together as much as possible can be a tough goal to achieve with a big group of party people. Make a few set reservations to be sure the team has plenty of quality time. Bigger parties can rent out the upstairs of The Floridian with space to mingle freely! Looking for a convenient restaurant in the heart of downtown? The Columbia is right smack dab in the middle of St. George street. If you are looking for a waterfront hangout, head over to Beaches at Vilano for a relaxed atmosphere with fresh seafood and a happy hour that is to die for. Did somebody say BOGO margaritas?!?
2. Eat Like a Local – A St. Augustine bachelorette party is a great time to get acquainted with the local cuisine! Heading down to the beach? Stop by Sporks for some datil chicken tacos and their famous bacon mac and cheese, or pop into Stir It Up for a smoothie. If downtown is more of your scene, check out the Backyard at Meehan’s for a hearty lunch, or Crave Food Truck where you can try one of the many creations made with exclusively local products.
3. Hangover Cures – The Sunday morning after a bachelorette party isn’t pretty for anyone. Chances are, you are in need of a greasy meal, a cozy atmosphere, and maybe a little hair-of-the-dog. Look no further than Barley Republic! St. Augustine’s go-to Irish pub opens early on Sunday (at noon… we would never suggest you set an alarm!), and serves a life-changing brunch menu. Get yourself a cozy booth or a seat on the porch, order a hangover burger and a bloody mary, and you’ll be good as new!
1. Airbnb & Rental Properties – The perks of staying in an Airbnb in St. Augustine is that we have so many options. From a quaint beach bungalow to a unique historic property, there’s sure to be a perfect fit for the vibe that you and your friends are looking for. If you have a bigger group, look no further than right next door to the Lightner Museum at 123 Cordova!
2. Hotel Suites – If you are looking to class it up a bit for your girls’ weekend, large suites can be found at the Casa Monica, the Hilton on the Bayfront, or any of the St. Augustine Beach Hotels (you can even find conjoining rooms!)
3. Cozy Compounds – Larger bridal parties can find some fun at St. Augustine’s The Collector Inn. All of the buildings are recently converted historic homes with a bar right in the middle! The gals can spread out in individual rooms with plenty of meeting spaces to hang out and get ready for the festivities!
If you aren’t a “what happens in Vegas” kind of bride – looking for a great time, but with a little bit more of laid-back vibe and plenty of unique history – a St. Augustine bachelorette party might be just the ticket. How can you turn down a weekend of fun in the St. Augustine sunshine?!